Skilled Greensboro Social Security Disability Appeals Lawyers Stand Up for Clients
Powerful legal advisers advocate for people whose benefits were denied
It’s very frustrating to be denied the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits you need. While you have the right to appeal that decision, the process is often difficult, confusing and time consuming. Our attorneys at Hodgman, Rowlett & Jahnes, P.A. in Greensboro have nearly five decades of combined experience assisting North Carolinians who seek the payment they’ve earned. We understand Social Security Disability law and the steps necessary to bring a successful appeal, and we’ll put our resources to work toward securing a reversal in your case.
Levels of appeal when your Social Security Disability claim has been denied
When your Social Security disability claim is denied, you generally have 60 days to appeal the decision. There are four levels in the appeals process. They include:
- Reconsideration review — In a reconsideration, your claim is reviewed again by parties who didn’t take part in the initial evaluation. You can include any new information regarding your claim along with the original evidence that was presented.
- Administrative law judge hearing — If your reconsideration request is unsuccessful, you can ask for a hearing with an administrative law judge. A judge who has not been involved with your claim or prior appeal will conduct the hearing, where we can submit evidence and call witnesses on your behalf.
- Appeals Council review — An Appeals Council review is the next appeals step. However, this review is not automatic. It is granted if the council agrees that the administrative law judge made an error in applying Social Security regulations. If the council does review your claim, it may either make a final decision or send it back to an administrative law judge for additional consideration.
- Federal court review — A civil lawsuit before a federal judge is the final step in trying to get Social Security disability benefits when other appeals have been exhausted.
Each step in the appeals process takes significant time and can greatly delay your benefits, regardless of how meritorious your claim might be. We offer skillful advocacy to help you seek a positive result as early in the process as possible.
Common reasons your SSDI claim may be denied
There are several reasons that Social Security disability claims are denied. They include:
- An incomplete application was submitted that omitted necessary information
- A claim does not meet non-medical requirements because the claimant is working part-time and earning too much money to be considered disabled or doesn’t have enough Social Security work credits
- Insufficient medical evidence of the claimant’s disability
- The claimant missed an appointment with the Social Security Administration or is otherwise difficult to get in touch with or uncooperative
We understand the reasons for claim denials and build the strongest case possible to overturn them, no matter the reason given by the government.
Why hire a Greensboro SSD appeals lawyer?
When you hire a Greensboro SSDI appeals lawyer you increase your chances of having your claim approved. Our attorneys have years of experience representing North Carolina clients in these matters. We will help you with the completion and filing of confusing paperwork. When claims reviewers request additional information, we help applicants respond with thoroughness and efficiency. And because we have spent years handling Social Security law cases, we have an intricate understanding of how the system works so we can give you the information you need to prepare at every stage of the process.
Contact a seasoned Greensboro law firm for help with your Social Security Disability appeal
Our effective attorneys at Hodgman, Rowlett & Jahnes, P.A. in Greensboro support North Carolinians in Social Security Disability appeals cases. To schedule a free consultation, call our firm at 336-609-7593 or contact us online.